WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
It's all about celebrating the people in the area and giving them a platform to showcase their skills with the community. Think of it as a block party for the makers, craftsman, and even those who just like to appreciate the workers. Wood-workers, florists, painters, honey producers, fresh coffee grinders, and the like.. everyone is welcome. Whether you want to share what you do with the community and earn some extra cash to support your work --- or if you simply want to browse and appreciate the makers of the area (and maybe even bring something back home with you), we'd love to see you there.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
- All work must be handcrafted by exhibitor. Copies, kits, molds, or prefabricated work will not be accepted.
- Commercially or mechanically reproduced items will not be accepted. No items can be sold which have not been accepted into the Art & Craft Fair. The Lakefield Summerfest Committee has the right to refuse any product into the show that can be construed as a weapon, is commonly associated with illicit drug use, is of an adult nature or violates dangerous weapon ordinance 130.15.
- No person shall discharge or shoot any gun, slingshot, or any other dangerous weapon on any street, public ground, or residential area in the city. Violation of this section shall be a misdemeanor offense.
- The Lakefield Summerfest Committee has the right to ask any vendor to leave if they violate participation rules or are not selling wares that were presented.
- The Lakefield Summerfest Committee is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- All booths are first come first serve.
- All exhibitors must contain their display, their work, and their storage boxes.
- Exhibitor booths must be of sound construction and must in no way obstruct or endanger the neighboring booth areas.
- If you are having a walk-in booth, you must provide adequate walk-in space within your designated area.
- Sales representatives or agents who sell craft work but are not directly involved in the production of that work may not participate in the show.
- Exhibitors are expected to keep their items neatly displayed at all times and to be at their booth during the hours the show is open.
- Each participant is responsible for following all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations and restrictions regarding their individual craft.
- Smoking, drinking and recorded music are not permitted in the exhibition areas.
- Exhibitors shall not disassemble, pack up or remove any part of their display prior to the official closing time of the event.
- No electricity is available.
- Exhibitors will not be able to park their vehicles in the park.
- Exhibitors that want to work out of a trailer have to have the request in by April 25th and depending on the size, will need to be approved by the committee as this is not the only event going on at this time.
- Exhibitors are in charge of bringing their own table and coverings (including canopies) if you so choose to bring one.